WHAT CAN & CAN’T BE SOLD AT MARKET
- Balmain Market is better known as an Arts, Crafts & Handmade market.
- We have had Preloved, Brica-Brac in the past however, we recognise that the Balmain Market customer prefers handmade Arts & Crafts and as such are limited to and currently only take Handmade stalls.
- We currently have a handful of Vintage & Antique collectable stalls.
- A couple of them who have been with us for as long as we have been operating.
- We are therefore limited to the few that we have.
- High Quality Preloved Fashion is accepted and we currently have a 2 stall policy in this category per market day.
- We currently have a minimum of 2-3 Stalls with same/similar product or category policy. (Candles & Silver Jewellery are limited to 1-2)
- As such, preference and priority is always given to our regular or otherwise more established stall holders, over casual bookings so that there is no direct competition between stall holders.
- Products that may NOT be sold at Balmain Markets include:
- fake/counterfeit designer brands
- luxury & high-end fashion items bearing well-known names or logos (new and second hand)
- live birds or animals
- items associated with the illegal use of drugs & or other items that the market management may consider unsuitable to be displayed on Church grounds.
- no offensive or unauthorised products may be sold.
- Management reserve the right to ask these items be removed from Sale or cancel your booking.
MARKET OPERATION/TRADING TIMES
- The Market operates on Saturday’s only from 9:00am – 3:00pm.
- Commencing from April 2018, the market will now only trade on the 2nd and 4th Saturday's of every month (including the 5th Saturday if there's 5 weeks in a month).
- By booking a stall with us, you are agreeing to trade between the hours 9:00am-3:00pm (Market Trading Times).
- Stallholders are NOT to pack up and leave early without prior arrangement with Manager before commencement of trade.
- No cars are to enter the grounds or gates prior to pack up time of 3:15pm.
- Refer to Bump IN/OUT doc/email.
BOOKING A SPACE/STALL
- Please submit the Stall Holder request form
- Once we receive and review your application, you will receive an email confirming your booking including instructions on Bump in/out or unloading/loading, where to park.
- Your allocated site no. and set up directions are emailed on the Friday, the evening before intending Market Day no later than 9pm.
- By booking with us, you agree with all that is stipulated/contained herein.
- Single Space (1m x 2m) includes 1 Table and 1 Table Cloth is $40
- Double Space/*Gazebo (3m x 3m) includes 2 Tables & 2 Table Cloths is $60
- Payment of Stall Rent/Fees is collected (in Cash) by Market Team Member between 12-1pm
- Please have payment ready for collection
- You will receive a Tax Invoice upon receipt of your site fees.
- PLEASE NOTE: We have a limited no. of 3m x 3m Marquees available for hire at an additional cost of $10
- Umbrellas are an additional $5
- *All Gazebo/Marquees are charged as a Double Space even where 1 table is used
- BM prefers the use of WHITE Marquees and Umbrellas
- Rent for Food Stalls (not including single table cakes & biscuits) is $60 including Power & Water.
- The Market currently has a resident Turkish Gozleme Stall, all other Food Stalls types are restricted.
- Please apply with Market Manager via telephone to confirm details.
- If you have not previously had a food stall at another market, fair, fete or festival within the Leichhardt now INNERWEST Council Area ie: Orange Grove or Rozelle Collectors Markets, you will need to apply via our governing/local council to obtain the necessary permits/insurances. For more info please click on this link
STALL SET UP/VISUAL MERCHANDISING
- Visual Merchandising standards apply to all Stall Holders.
- VM plays a huge role at the Market, it is not only to benefit the overall look and feel of the market as well as maintain a standard, but it will essentially & more importantly benefit you, in sales.
- All table tops MUST be covered – You will be provided a plain white table cloth with a full drop to cover the whole table to conceal your excess stock and/or clutter.
- Please ensure these are left on your tables at the end of the day.
- Your stall is to be well presented and that it is visually merchandised to a standard that is neat, tidy and draws attention to your product.
- This applies especially to Preloved and Vintage goods/stalls.
- We (Market Organisers) reserve the right to advise how your items or stall is to be merchandised/displayed.
- NO Rubbish/Boxes or Clutter should be visible to customers.
- All Stallholders are responsible for cleaning up after themselves ensuring all rubbish in and around your space is disposed of in the large bins on Darling St end of church grounds
PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE
With the exception of Food Stalls:
- The market/church has Public Liability Insurance that covers both Stall Holders & Customers for any injuries sustained whilst on the market/church grounds.
- This is included in your site fee.
- Please note: This does not cover loss &/or damage to stall holder property/products.
- It is recommended, that all Stall Holders have their own ‘Product Liability Insurance’ however is not a requirement or necessity for having a stall.
P.L.I for FOOD/CONSUMABLES
Due to food health & hygiene regulations:
- All stalls selling any sort of orally consumed product cooked or pre-packaged will require public and product liability of their own to trade.
- This also applies to those selling skincare or makeup or performing massage or beauty services like facials etc.
GENERAL SITE INFO
TEAM CONTACTS ON MARKET DAY
- Louise, Sia and Allan
SOME IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE
- The market commences trade at 9:00AM
- BUMP IN TIME: from 7:30AM
- BUMP OUT TIME: from 3:00PM
- Strictly no Bump Ins before 7:30AM - Council Fines Apply
- The market ceases trade at 3:00PM. We kindly ask that NO Stall Holders pack up earlier than 3pm and leave, irrespective of traffic/trade. Begin pack up at 3pm, no earlier.
- Our Bump In/Out procedure is very simple... so long as everyone reads and follows the directions below, we think we have planned for a seamless and more importantly stress free bump/in out!
- Please check your email the night before market day. Final site details with your stall name, allocated site number and bump in time will be listed for you in an email no later than 9pm on Friday night.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US IN LEAD UP TO/ON THE DAY
- You can expect a team member to be onsite, ALL DAY!
- We will be contactable on our mobiles, 9am – 6pm the week of the market, and all day on market day (numbers above)
- Continuous promotions shout outs & updates on our Facebook/Instagram pages on the week of
- Streamlined Bump In/Out schedule
- Lunch and Toilet break assistance (Toilets are located on Curtis Rd side of Church at the back as indicated on Site Map)
WHAT WE EXPECT OF YOU
- To abide by the Rules and Regulations stipulated in the Stallholders Agreement above
- To adhere to the timings as per the ‘Bump In and Out’ schedule
- To contact us if you are have any questions
- To report any incidents and injuries, and any behaviour you feel goes against our policies
- To advertise your presence at BM via your social media pages
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU ON THE DAY
- All general equipment – includes marquees (if hired a 3x3m site), table coverings, sunshades/umbrellas, tables, displays, point of sale, weights, racking, and power leads (if power requested/required)
- Positive vibes, a smile and great energy
STALL HOLDER PARKING LOCATION
- Stall Holder Parking directions and location will be in Bump In/Out email you will receive shortly or the day before Market Day.
- We hope you have found all the above information helpful & sufficient, however if there is anything you are unsure of, or not mentioned herein, please do not hesitate to call or email.
- We look forward to having you with us! See you soon! BM Team! ☺